Preparing for job success doesn’t end with writing your résumé. With 90 per cent of recruiters using LinkedIn to source candidates, having a LinkedIn profile is as important as having a résumé. It’s your online presence, a place to showcase your skills and experience – and your opportunity to define and present your unique ‘brand’ to the professional world.
If you’re not on LinkedIn, will prospective employers take you seriously as a career-minded professional?
Stand out from the crowd
Simply having a LinkedIn profile, however, is not enough. To get noticed among Australia’s 7 million members, you need to stand out from the crowd. Your profile should also be evolving all the time, because LinkedIn, and how people use it, is constantly changing. Think of it as a living profile.
To make sure that your LinkedIn profile is noticed:
- Add skills that are already pre-programmed in LinkedIn. If recruiters or potential employers are searching for candidates via skills and you’ve used unknown skills, they will not see your profile.
- Connect with and follow groups and companies in your industry.
- Like, comment on or share relevant posts.
- Show interest in jobs advertised on the public page.
- Maintain this activity and try to log in to LinkedIn at least three times a week.
The Proven Group LinkedIn profile-writing service
LinkedIn provides great suggestions on how to add information and strengthen your profile. But The Proven Group’ designated professional LinkedIn writers can create a profile for you that also highlights your unique point of difference, enabling you to connect with all the right people and attract recruiters.
The Proven Group provides professional cover-letter and résumé-writing services in Melbourne, Ballarat and Geelong. In addition to these services, we offer interview coaching, LinkedIn profile-writing, how to address key selection criteria, personality profiling and career counselling.
Photo Credit: Photo by HTSABO