Most people don’t like conflict and many actively avoid it. But, like it or not, we all need to deal with it at work. This workshop provides practical skills that can be implemented at work instantly, giving you back control of the situation.
Gain an understanding of your natural conflict resolution style
– it benefits and limitations, and how the other styles can be used in different situations.
Stephen Covey in his ground-breaking book ‘The 7 habits of highly effective people’ puts forward the idea that every conflict holds within it the seeds of a potential ‘win/win’ solution. If only all parties can play the win/win game!
This course explores how the win/win mindset can make a real difference in resolving any conflict situation – especially those that happen at work.
A key tool to take away from this course is ‘The Cookbook Recipe’, which outlines a simple 4-step process on how to have a difficult conversation with someone. This tool has been used extensively by our client base for many years, and remains a key benefit of the Leading and Managing Teams
Course as well as in this stand-alone day.
Fees and dates are negotiable for on-site courses, public course dates and fees can be provided on request.
What it covers:
- Causes of Conflict
- Conflict Resolution Styles
- Modes of Conflict Resolution
- Being Assertive
- How to improve your dealings with aggressive people
- Recognising submissive, assertive and aggressive behaviour
- Types of Assertiveness
- Benefits of Assertiveness
- How to have a difficult conversation
- Conflict Resolution – 10 Steps
- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: 07 - 08 Sep 2022
- Time: 7:00 pm - 2:30 am